Root Canal Treatment
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Root Canal Treatment is the treatment of choice to save the tooth when a tooth in the following situations:
1) Decayed which involves the nerve structure/pulp of the tooth.
2) This dental treatment is recommended in cases of trauma to the tooth, which leads to fracture and discolouration of the tooth.
3) At times elective Root Canal is for aesthetic purposes by a cosmetic dentist if it indicates the volume of the tooth is disturbing the proposed smile design.
4) In cases of mobile (shaky) teeth, which in conjunction with gum surgery.
5) When a tooth is sensitive towards hot beverages, or painful in the sleeping position, it’s the time to visit the dentist as it may endanger the nerve of the tooth warranting a root canal treatment.
The Dental Procedure
Nowadays, with the help of the advanced techniques Root Canal is very much possible in a single sitting in our dental clinic to save the patient’s precious time.
Root canal treatment is a dental procedure in which infected nerve is removed, cleaned and filled with a rubber-like inert material which is called gutta-percha. The success of this treatment mainly depends on the technique & precision in which the canals are being cleaned & filled.
This accuracy can be obtained by the use of advanced filling material which is “Thermoplastisized” and it addresses the crevices, minor spaces in the Canal and also the extra canals. (Show them x-ray) and ensuring that there would not be any recurrence of any infection
Depending upon the severity of decay, the RCT Rxed tooth may need to be supported & strengthen with help of posts – inside the root just like nailing in the fractured leg or arm bone. Usually, in the back teeth, metal posts are placed and on the front teeth, fiber reinforced posts are placed to maintain the esthetics. For the Root canalled teeth to be crowned or capped it depends upon the loss of tooth structure.
Root Canal Treatment at Smiles Forever Dental Clinic
1) It is a Total painless treatment
2) Normally it is completed in a single sitting at our Dental Clinic, several root canals can be done in a single sitting, if necessary.
3) It is performed by experienced Endodontists who exclusively practice root canals.
4) It is performed under total isolation of the tooth using advanced dental procedures.